Monday, February 16, 2009

Sad News!


On Sunday Morning,  Joe's Family called and told us that Keister King (Joe's Grandfather) had returned to his Heavenly Father.  He had lived a wonderful life and thanks to Pam our family has a book called "Took a Licking & Still Kicking" The Autobiography of Keister Troy King. I am grateful that we have this book so that my children and their children will get to read and learn about their Great Grandfather.  
 I asked Joe what his favorite memory was of his grandfather, he told me "we had a great time together fishing, boat riding and when I used to go to karaoke at the Beach I would always stay with my grandparents. Another memory that Joe has was helping Keister remodel the house in Southampton County.  As for me my favorite memory was a quote he would tell me when I worked at the bank. He would say "how is the banking business?"  Than he would tell me " Put in a Penny, Take out a dime.  Pretty soon this bank will be mine!"  We love you and will miss you Keister!!

No comments:

Post a Comment